Sunday, April 1, 2012

Jeremiah 29:11

For the past few months I have watched my roommates walk into completely different seasons of life. Seasons where they are having to trust the Lord with the plans for the future and not rely on their own ability to make something happen...I haven't really thought much about it because I had a whole other year in school. Had? Yes, I said had....I found out a few Thursdays ago that wasn't the case anymore. I no longer would be graduating in May, but DECEMBER! Talk about shock! I will admit, I freaked out when I first got the news. I was scared, anxious, excited, shocked, terrified, happy, and felt like I was going to vomit all at the same time. I didn't have a year to plan or save or anything anymore. In less than a year I would graduate and have to leave the place I have called home for the past three years.

Needless to say, Jeremiah 29:11 was the last thing to come to mind....

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. then you will all upon me and pray to me, and I will hear you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you, declares the LORD..." 

We all have heard it a million times, especially in times like I had on Thursday. Times where we have NO idea what we are going to do with our lives. No idea of where we're going to live or work or what we're going to do. I have NO idea what this next season of life will look like for me. I do know a few things though. 
  1. I know the Lord already knows and I trust Him because of who He is.
  2. I know I love kids (especially teenagers) and want to spend the rest of my life serving them.
  3. I know I'm willing to do whatever the Lord wants.
  4. And, I know all I want is for people to come to know Jesus!
Other than those four things, I don't know what the future holds. I know that the Lord has placed on my heart, and that's teenagers and sharing the gospel with them. I know He's given me a heart for Africa and a heart to battle for people in prayer. Other than that.....I trust Him. 

I trust Him no matter what this next season holds. 
I trust Him and His plan for me because He knows me better than I know myself.
I trust Him because of who He is and not because of anything I have done...

I trust Him completely.

Psalm 23.
The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures.
He leads me beside still waters, 
He restore my soul, 
He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, 
I will fear no evil, 
for you are with me; 
your rod and your staff, 
they comfort me.

You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; 
you anoint my heard with oil; 
my cup overflows.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, 
and I shall dwell in the house of the LORD forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment