Saturday, April 14, 2012

Trust and Other Hard Things...

A sweet family friend of mine gave me a daily devotional called Jesus Calling. Now, I'm not one who usually does daily devotionals. I just didn't like them and that it makes me feel like if I read that one page I'm done with my time with Jesus for the day. But this one has been different. EVERY time I read it it's exactly what I need to hear....Every time!

Most of the things I read are about trust. I've always had a hard time with trusting. I think it has to do with my fear of giving up control, because if I can't do it on my own then I can't control it and if I can't control it then I don't know what the outcome is going to be....Jesus has been speaking to me a lot about that....March 18, 21, 26, 29....April 2, 7, 8, 10, 12, and 15....

Today's devotional about trust couldn't have come soon enough.
It says, "Trust me, and do not be afraid. Many things feel out of control. Your routines are not running smoothly. You tend to feel more secure when your life is predictable. Let Me lead you to the rock that is higher than you and your circumstances. Take refuge in the shelter of My wings, where you are absolutely secure. When you are shaken out of your comfortable routines, grip My hand tightly and look for growth opportunities. Instead of bemoaning the loss of your comfort, accept the challenge of something new. I lead you on from glory to glory, making you fit for My kingdom. Say yes to the ways I work in your life. Trust Me, and don't be afraid."

"When you are shaken out of your comfortable routines, grip My hand tightly and look for growth opportunities."


I really don't like to give up control....I think because for so long someone else was telling me what to do, what to wear, and what to eat that now having me give up control is like pulling teeth. I don't like it. It's hard for me. It's especially hard for me to give up control of things that I know I have NO control over anyways. Today, one of my best friend's parents were in a car accident. Her dad is okay, but they're not saying it's good for her mom. I so badly want to go and fix everything. I want to heal her mom and put everything back to normal. I want to make her broken heart better and keep her from feeling this hurt and pain and suffering---but I can't. I can't do anything. I'm stuck in Abilene and can't do anything. All I can do is pray and trust that the Lord will be faithful to His word that He is our comfort.

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. For as we share abundantly in Christ's suffering, so through Christ we share abundantly in comfort too. If we are afflicted, it is for our comfort and salvation; and if we are comforted, it is for your comfort, which you experience when you patiently endure the same sufferings that we suffer. Our hope is unshaken, for we know that as you share in our sufferings, you also share in our comfort." 2 Corinthians 1:3-7


I think in the midst of suffering I forget about the eternal comfort that I have....I think it's because I know it's not suppose to be like this. We're not suppose to suffer like this. People aren't suppose to die from being miserable and fighting cancer or suddenly have to fight for their lives because of a car accident. We're not suppose to have to mourn for those we love. We aren't suppose to grieve like this. WE WEREN'T CREATED FOR THIS! WE WERE CREATED FOR MORE! We were created for heavenly things, but we were selfish and greedy and had to reach for something God told us not to. And because of that we mourn. We suffer. We grieve. And we wait for the day when Jesus comes back riding on a cloud, trumpet roaring in air, and takes us home, forever. Where there is no more pain or sorrow or  hurt or jealousy or grief or despair or impatience or abuse or worthlessness or suicide or accidents. Everything is on purpose and everything is beautiful. And we will worship the Lord forever and ever. We will be restored to glory and finally be home.

It seems to me the closer we get to that day, the more suffering we endure. There seems to be more suffering in this world. The people I love are suffering more. I am grieving more....the day the Lord comes will be the most beautiful day!

Until that day we try and trust the Lord.
We try to trust His plan.
We try to give up control.
We try to stop trying to understand...
And we cling to the only hope we have. The hope found in our savior Jesus Christ, who will one day come and rescue us from this earth.

I cannot wait for the day when I hear the loud trumpet sound, brightness fills the earth, and I see my true love riding on a cloud to come and rescue me. To come and take me home. To lift me out of the hurt and pains of this world. I cannot wait for that day....

Lord, please come quickly!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment