Thursday, April 19, 2012

Give Me Faith

"Give me faith to trust what you say that You're good and Your love is great.."

I've sung these words so many times but never thought God would take them so literal. Right now I'm in a season of growth in my faith. Things are happening in my life that I do not at all understand. I don't understand why one of my best friends has to bury her mom when she's 22 years old. I don't understand why there are starving kids in Africa but every where you look there's an all-you-can-eat buffet or a place that you can supersize something. Or how I can take a clean, hot shower every day, three times a day sometimes, yet there are places that don't even have running water OR clean water...I don't understand this. I don't understand how such a loving God can let terrible things happen to his children. I don't understand how people, Gods children who are so loved and fortunate, can be so greedy and hateful. I don't understand why God lets there be war and murder and hatred. How girls can feel inadequate every day because of this society we live in and never know their true value as beautiful daughters of a mighty king....I just don't understand...

I just don't...and I don't think I ever will...

I can beat myself up and get depressed and by all these things I will never understand, or I can have faith.

I can have faith that God is good and that He loves me. Me! He loves me more than I could ever imagine. He gives me hope. I can have faith that He is faithful and generous. That He is just and fair when nothing else in the world is. And that he is kind, oh my God is so kind and sweet to me. That He comforts me and is never far away. That He separated me from my sin as far as the east is from the west. That I have the hope and strength to face tomorrow because He's faithful and has already crushed my enemy. He's already WON and all I have to do is receive His love and receive His grace!!!!

That doesn't mean there won't be hard times, because there are. But the sweetness of the hard times is that joy comes in the morning. And there's always sun after the rain no matter what I may feel in the moment. God knows me better than I know myself and He knows what I need.

Faith is about trusting Him when I can't see the whole picture.
It's about knowing His heart---and I know His heart is for me because He loves me.

Faith isn't about understanding. It's about obedience. It's about trust. Faith is about surrendering and submitting.

So Lord, give me faith to TRUST what you say that you're good and your love is great...

No comments:

Post a Comment